Introduction to Web Development
Are you considering web development as a career? Do you simply want to learn to create your own web sites but don't know where to start? Does the world of programming fascinate you? Are you curious about "what it takes" to be a web developer.
This course is designed to give you a preview of what professional web development work is like. You'll use some of the same languages and techniques used by professional web developers every day. With fascinating, fast paced lectures, code samples, and challenging lab exercises (solutions provided) you'll gain a sense of what it's like to work in the web development field.
What you will learn
- Understand the technologies used in web development
- Identify the tools used by web developers
- Apply HTML document structure
- Understand the role of CSS in web development
- Understand the HTML/CSS color model
- Alter CSS text properties
- Understand the next steps to learning professional web development skills
What you will get
- Guaranteed Internship
- Internship letter from Verzeo after successful completion of Projects.
- Internship offers from different tied up companies based on your performance.
- Opportunity to work on Major and Minor Projects mentored by these Corporate Trainers.
- Gaining access to exclusive course content, etc., as part of the course.
- Total of 2 projects, one major and one minor will be completed by the students under Mentor supervision.
Section 1 : Introduction to HTML & CSS
- Construct markup that uses metadata elements
- Construct well-formed markup that conforms to industry best practices.
- Analyse the impact of using inline styles, internal style sheets, and external style sheets.
- Construct and analyse rule sets.
- Construct well-formed style sheets that conform to industry best practices.
- Construct and analyse markup to structure content and organise data
- Construct and analyse markup that uses HTML5 semantic elements.
- Construct and analyse markup that implements navigation.
- Construct and analyse markup that uses form elements.
- Construct and analyse markup that displays images.
- Describe the appropriate use of the img, svg, and canvas elements.
- Construct and analyse markup that plays video and audio.
- Construct and analyse styles that position content.
- Construct and analyse styles that format text.
- Construct and analyse styles that format backgrounds and borders.
- Analyse styles that implement a simple responsive layout.
- Complete or debug code that uses assignment and arithmetic operators.
- Evaluate the use of inline and external scripts.
- Implement exception handling.
- Complete and debug code that interacts with the Browser Object Model (BOM)
- Declare and use variables of primitive data types
- Declare and use arrays
- Complete and debug code that uses objects.
- Complete and debug code that uses built-in Math functions.
- Complete and debug a function that accepts parameters and returns a value.
- Evaluate expressions that use logical and comparison operators
- Complete and debug decision statements
- Complete and debug loops
- Identify and construct the Document Object Model (DOM) tree.
- Identify and handle HTML events.
- Complete and debug code that outputs to an HTML document.
- Complete and debug code that locates, modifies, and adds HTML elements and attributes.
- Complete and debug code that retrieves input from forms and sets form field values.
- Complete and debug code that performs input validation.
- Describe the form submission process.
Section 3: Introduction to Python
- Evaluate an expression to identify the data type Python will assign to each variable.
- Perform data and data type operations.
- Determine the sequence of execution based on operator precedence.
- Select the appropriate operator to achieve the intended result.
- Construct and analyse code segments that use branching statements.
- Construct and analyse code segments that perform iteration.
- Construct and analyse code segments that perform file input and output operations.
- Construct and analyse code segments that perform console input and output operations.
- Document code segments using comments and documentation strings.
- Construct and analyse code segments that include function definitions.
- Analyse, detect, and fix code segments that have errors.
- Analyse and construct code segments that handle exceptions.
- Perform basic operations using built-in modules.
- Solve complex computing problems by using built-in modules.