With the increase in importance being given to extracurricular, it has become essential for students to become more active and involved in activities happening on their campuses. It is also becoming significant to pursue Internships and interact with companies. These companies can be one of their choices. What better way to get the best of both these worlds than be a campus ambassador?
What exactly is campus ambassador
Campus Ambassadors act as the connection between the company and their university. They are the main and direct contact with the company and are the voice of the company on their campus. These Ambassadors are interested and excited about the company, its beliefs, what it stands for, and its work. They also tend to possess leadership qualities, taking initiatives, and charge on campus. Due to this, they are also influential.
They have all the right contacts, with both, students and the faculty. The best part about this link is that a member of the university need not approach the company directly, they can approach the ambassador. The ambassador is much more approachable and accessible than the company. They can be of great assistance due to the responsibility they carry.
But what are the duties of a Campus Ambassador?
A Campus Ambassador has the responsibility of endorsing the company that they are tied up with. To do so, the following duties have to be performed by them in their respective campuses:
- Spread awareness about their product ir service n the student community
- Organize events on the campus promoting the company. These events can be interactive by hosting questionnaires to clear any doubts that their fellow students might have about the company.
- To provide product demonstrations. They might also hold seminars and workshops to help students understand the true value of their product
- They also need to develop campus-specific marketing and outreach programs/ campaigns. Companies often require their Ambassadors to collect valuable feedback from the university about the company itself.
The Ambassador must also extract creative ideas from the university’s community to present them to the company. The company then utilizes these ideas in their specific functions.
Another duty would be to generate a weekly/daily report on how the events are running and how the crowd perceives the company (or however the company has specified otherwise).
Handle all the marketing activities for Verzeo and get to be the face of the organization on your campus. Enroll in Verzeo’s campus ambassador programnow!
Benefits of being a campus amabssador
A well managed and well-executed campus ambassador program will have a lot of benefits for the students as well as the company. Let’s see some of the benefits of being a campus ambassador:
- It is a great learning opportunity for students. It provides a glimpse of the corporate world to the students. The students learn about the working of organizations.
- Students gain skills like team management, event organization, public speaking, social media, content writing and promotion, and various other technical skills.
- Being a campus ambassador provides students with special access to events, conferences, etc. organized by the company.
- It provides them with an opportunity to get connected with various like-minded students across various campuses.
- You can add campus ambassador experience in your resume and get ahead of others
- Get industry certified for being a campus ambassador
The benefits and recognition of being a campus ambassador are not limited to the above-mentioned list. There are a whole lot of other benefits of being a campus ambassador which you can unlock once you enroll in it.
Things to consider before applying for a student ambassador program
The following things need to be kept in mind before you go ahead and apply for campus ambassador program for any organization.
- Do thorough research of the company before applying. If possible read reviews of the previous students on their website.
- Understand the program thoroughly and clear all the complexities with the company.
- Make sure the organization has a proper performance tracking mechanism. You don’t want to do all the activities for the company and in the end not get recognition for it.
- Ask the company about how much time you have to work in a week. You don’t want to sacrifice your study because of the campus ambassador program.
- Understand how they have planned the campus ambassador program. Whether they have a clear objective or not.
Difference between internship and campus ambassador program
Internships are temporary employment here the candidate needs to perform specific tasks assigned to them. They are also provided training by the company prior to the internship so as to make them familiar with the company’s working environment and day to day processes. The candidate may or may not be paid for the work done. An internship can last from a few weeks to a few months and can be part-time or full-time.
Campus Ambassador programs provide informal positions to students where the student is not working from the office and is purely assigned the task of spreading the word of the company in their respective campus. They can be paid or unpaid depending on the company. Some organizations may provide technical training to the ambassadors and some may not. It is dependent on the organization itself.
I hope I have answered all your doubts related to the campus ambassador program.
If you are interested in being a campus ambassador, then look no further. Enroll in Verzeo’s campus ambassador program and get exciting rewards and industry certified.
Tags: #intern #verzeo #careers #campusambassador