By Simran rohra
With the increase in importance being given to extracurricular, it has become essential for students to become more active and involved in activities happening on their campuses. It is also becoming significant to pursue Internships and interact with companies. These companies can be one of their choices. What better way to get the best of both these worlds than be a campus ambassador?
Campus Ambassadors act as the connection between the company and their university. They are the main and direct contact to the company and are the voice of the campus. These Ambassadors are interested and excited about the company, its beliefs, what it stands for and its work. They also tend to possess leadership qualities, taking initiatives and charge on campus. Due to this, they are also influential. They have all the right contacts, with both, Students and the faculty. The best part about this link is that a member of the university need not approach the company directly, they can approach the Ambassador. The Ambassador is much more approachable and accessible than the company. They can be of great assistance due to the responsibility they cary.
But what are the duties of a Campus Ambassador?
- A Campus Ambassador has the responsibility of endorsing the company that they are tied up with. To do so, they organize events on campus. These events can be interactive by hosting questionnaires to clear any doubts that their fellow students might have about the company.
- They provide product demonstrations. They might also hold seminars and workshops to understand the true working of the company.
- These Ambassadors develop campus-specific marketing and outreach programs/ campaigns.
- Companies often require their Ambassadors to collect valuable feedback from the university about the company itself.
- The Ambassador must also extract creative ideas from the university’s community to present them to the company. The company then utilizes these ideas in their specific functions.
- Another duty would be to generate a weekly/daily report on how the events are running and how the crowd perceives the company (or however the company has specified otherwise).